Original pattern is by mammathatmakes for small sized cap. I have customized to fit for toddler size and also adding notes to adjust the size of the beanie further.
Hook – 5.5mm (pattern calls for 3.5mm)
Yarn – DK worsted yarn
sc – single crochet
dc – double crochet
hdc – half double crochet
dc2tog – double crochet 2 together (yarn over, insert hook in stitch, yarn over, pull through (3 on hook), yarn over, pull through 2, yarn over, insert hook into same stitch, yarn over, pull through, yarn over, pull through 2, (3 on hook), yarn over, pull through all 3 stitches. Cluster complete.)
- Start with 10dc in the magic ring. (pattern says 8dc)
- Increase 10 stitches every round till the round diameter measures 5.5″
- Crochet 1dc in each stitch fr 3 rows
- Change color, ch3, 1dc, ch2, dc2tog in same stitch, (skip 3 stitches and repeat [dc2tog, ch2, dc2tog]) join to the 3rd chain [row of hearts is made]
- Change back to main color, ch2, 1hdc in same stitch, (3hdc in ch2 space, 1hdc in next stitch), repeat ()
- If you want to have one more row of hearts then repeat row no.4
- Repeat row no.5
- Make 2 round of sc
Finish off & weave in the ends.
Please let me know if you liked the pattern and share images of your creation.
Happy Crocheting !